o7 Space Friends!
It’s only been a little over a month since Rhea was released and CCP already deployed a batch of additions to EVE Online with Proteus as a part of their promise to improve and grow the truly legendary science fiction MMO and deliver frequent updates to all its infamous players. This blistering release cadence shows little concern for even holiday distractions it seems, as Proteus was successfully deployed today.
Here are some of the changes in Proteus:
- Rebalanced Recon Ships. An entire class of ships has gone back to the design table with a notable change being immunity to detection by Directional Scanners for Combat Recons, making them incredibly deadly ambushers
- Asteroid field effects bring pulverized rocks, dust particles, light rays and other atmospheric beautification’s to the raw materials that help build the EVE universe
- High end exploration sites offer hazards, traps and lucrative rewards for veteran explorers
- 10 more groups of modules are streamlined and simplified to maintain the sophistication of EVE without overdone complexity
- The glorious beta star map gains even more features and improved visualization
- A redesigned Gallente Exequror hull graces the previously humble logistics ship
- New player mining locations ensure that there will always be a fresh store of Veldspar for those venturing into the first few days in EVE
For further descriptions of the additions in Proteus, see this in-development video.
EVE‘s next release, Tiamat, is due out 12 February !
The next episode of “The o7 Show” will discuss Proteus, EVE community happenings, and future plans. It will air on http://Twitch.tv/ccp on Thursday 15 January at 20:00 UTC (AKA “EVE time”). Markee Dragon is streaming right now on Twitch!
As always, a free 30-day trial can be found at here or a 21-day trial by a buddy invite from an existing player.