Last month Coffee Stain Studios announced the 1.1 patch for Goat Simulator, which will add local split-screen multi-player and a whole new map to Goat Simulator. The release date for the patch has now been set: it’s coming on June 3rd!
Since the release of Goat Simulator, Coffee Stain Studios has received a lot of requests for DLCs. Being the bunch of crazy goats that they are, they decided to patch in free DLC into the game instead of selling it. Patch 1.1 will bring the following features:
· A whole new playable map, roughly the size of the old map
· Local splitscreen multiplayer, up to four goats can play on one machine at the same time!
· Goat wall-running and balancing on your front legs
· You will be able to ride bicycles and skateboards, and force humans to ride you.
· New playable goats, including Tornado Goat, Shopping Goat, Classy Goat, Repulsive Goat, and more!
· Optimization, achievements, and all kinds of other cool jazz.
“We realize we said we’d release the patch in May, but we really wanted to shock players and make sure the new map will be even better than the old one, so we had to push forth the release date a week or so than we originally intended. With June 3rd as a release date, the new map is gonna be so awesome, and I’m not just saying that cause I’m working on the game.”
Armin Ibrisagic, Game Designer